Sunday, November 1, 2015

About hanging in google+ and "things-I-should-do" list / Google+:sta ja "Tee-10-asiaa-yhtäaikaa" - ongelmista




I´ve just found a new playground, google +. If I think myself as an artist or Illustrator it is much more fun than Facebook. I feel almost like travelling when beeing there with people all around the world, sharing pictures and short messages. I mostly share my artwork, but also some photos  and just found also Tenerife communities there! I enjoy very much looking at other peoples artwork there. So many talented artists! And so many beautiful, stunning photos. In Facebook I´m mostly with the people I know. I´ve also joined to German, French and Spanish Drawing groups in Facebook, but I feel myself a bit outsider there, because most of others  come from just these countries, than me Mrs Tuomikoski  from Finland. In google + I don´t get that feeling at all. Strange that Facebook has become so much more known and popular.
What comes to my artwork, there is a kind of chaos in my head, because I should do 10 things at the same time: make christmas cards, plan other cards, posters, a calender, decide where I make them, make handmade prints, have exhibitions, put my work in frames, fill in different kinds of official formulas, plan advertising etc.  Sometimes I feel that I maybe should go back to decent work to have some rest.  Yes, but a little later, part time or something like that, or when I run out of money. The big problem with decent work is combining it with making art, you just don't have enough time for both, not without letting your sweet home becoming a place of chaos and yourself a hermit, and remembering that I also spend my time playing the piano. Just started another screen-printing course, should plan some models for the next time.I add here some tiny photos of my latest artwork, christmas cards, finished and unfinished.

***
Löysin vastikään vähän sattumalta tähän blogiin liittyen uuden kivan leikkipaikan tai hengailumestan - miksi sitä nyt kutsuisikaan - google+ :n. Jaan siellä töitäni, joskus myös valokuvia ja lyhyitä tekstinpätkiä ja katselen muiden hienoja töitä ja upeita kuvia - ympäri maapalloa. Löytyipä sieltä sivuja tällaiselle Teneriffa-fanillekin! Pyörin siellä itse asiassa mieluummin kuin Facebookissa, koska se on kansainvälisempi. Ikään kuin olisi vähän ulkomailla. Motivoi pitämään yllä kielitaitoakin. Tiettävästi google+ on kuitenkin jäänyt Facebookin varjoon, en ymmärrä miksi.
Mitä tulee omiin töihini, niin välillä jumittaa, kun pitäisi laittaa eteenpäin about 10 asiaa yhtä aikaa: piirtää ja maalata uusia töitä, etenkin jouluaiheisia, tehdä käsintehtyjä kortteja, painattaa kortteja ja kalentereita jossain, missä? Suunnitella näyttelyitä, kehystää niitä, täyttää loppuun äärityöläs starttirahahakemus, suunnitella mainostamista ym ym. Välillä tulee olo, että  voisi mennä normitöihin lepäämään. Nehän ovat nyt tauolla ainakin jonkin aikaa, koska taiteen ja työn yhdistäminen alkoi käydä liian vaikeaksi, varsinkin kun käytän aikaani myös pianonsoittoon. Ja juoksevat asiatkin pitäisi hoitaa, ja ehtiä pitää koti viihtyisänä. En myöskään halua erakoitua sen takia, että yritän ehtiä tehdä työn ohessa asioita, jotka ovat minulle erityisen tärkeitä.
Aloitin vastikään jo 3:nnen kankaanpainantaan liittyvän kurssin, tällä kertaa aiheena kankaanpainanta käyttäen apuna leikattua kaaviota, seulan läpi. Samalla tekniikalla ja kangasväreilläkin voi painaa myös kartongille, eli tehdä vaikka kortteja. Pitäisi suunnitella muutama kuva ensi kertaa varten. Liitänpä tähän oheen vielä aivan viimeisiä töitä, eli joulukortteja, valmiita ja keskeneräisiä, pienet ja epäselvät versiot tässä vaiheessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New chinese brush paintings / Uusia kiinalaisia sivellinmaalauksia

Time for intuitive art. Chinese brush painting, floral theme. Always something unexpected, unplanned. You almost throw it away, but then not...